Re: start postmaster as root : problem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: start postmaster as root : problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
stefari@tiscali.it writes:
> I have a Linux Distribuction  that works only in single user mode as root.

That's about as brain dead a setup as I've ever heard of :-(.
Get a real operating system, not a CP/M emulation.

> The postmaster daemon starts only if  I 'm  not  root user.

That's an intentional security measure.  You could defeat it by altering
the source code but we do not recommend doing so.

Сообщение: Re: restoring pgdump file file from 7.2 branch to 7.4
Сообщение: Re: restoring pgdump file file from 7.2 branch to 7.4