Re: postmaster.pid

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: postmaster.pid
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
"Herr, Christian" <cherr@vt.edu> writes:
> We have a config-only setup (postgresql.conf exists not in $PGDATA).  In postgresql.conf, external_pid_file is set
andcreates postmaster.pid in $PGDATA.  Issuing "pg_ctl start", the contents of postmaster.pid only ever contains one
line,the process ID.  It never contains any other lines, but according to specs, it's supposed to have 7 lines.  Any
ideawhy postmaster.pid is only containing a single line, the process ID and no other lines?

Only the "real" pid file (the one in the data directory) has extra lines.
A file created for external_pid_file contains the PID and nothing more.

If you specified external_pid_file as pointing to the data directory,
then you broke things badly.  Do not do that.