Re: [BUGS] Routine analyze of single column prevents standard autoanalyze from running at all

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] Routine analyze of single column prevents standard autoanalyze from running at all
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com> writes:
> Is there any significant advantage to not analyzing all columns? Only
> case I can think of is if you have a fair number of columns that have
> been toasted; otherwise I'd think IO would completely swamp any other
> considerations.

Yeah, my guess is that the OP's example where analyzing just one column
was significantly cheaper boiled down to some of the other columns being
mostly toasted data.  Otherwise it's hard to see how there's much more
expense in analyzing them all.