Re: Trailing spaces in char or varchar fields

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Trailing spaces in char or varchar fields
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
"Huy Do" <huy@travel.com.au> writes:
> is there any major disadvantages of changing all my char fields to
> varchar fields

No.  Stop worrying about micro-optimization and instead worry about
picking the data type that describes the semantics of your data.
If the presence or absence of a trailing space makes a difference
to you, then you should be using varchar (or text).