Re: hot spare / log shipping work on

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: hot spare / log shipping work on
Дата
PITR on Windows?  ("Simon@2ndquadrant.com" <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Gaetano Mendola <mendola@bigfoot.com> writes:
> I'm facing however to the following problems:

> 1) Discovery the actual WAL file
>     I'm supposing is the last modified file inside the
>          pg_xlog directory. If this is not the good method
>          may I know how I can know it ?

While that theoretically will work, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
I have been thinking of proposing that we add a "pg_current_wal_file()"
function, or some such name, to return the name of the active WAL file.

> 2) During the recovery phase postmaster ask me for file that will never be
>     there like:  00000001.history.
>     Actualy if the file does not exist and contain the string history
>          instead to wait for him I exit with 1 exit code

I think you can reasonably assume that .history files won't show up
on-the-fly, since they are only created during a PITR recovery operation
on the master.  It's not clear how this whole thing should track such an
operation on the master anyway :-(