Re: pg_upgrade automatic testing

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_upgrade automatic testing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 22:25, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> How can we improve things here? �I've toyed with the idea of installing
>> pg_regress.so so that we can refer to it relative to $libdir, but that
>> might be a bit invasive, especially if we were to try to back-patch it
>> as far as 8.3.

> Would turning pg_regress.so into an extension and using that way fix
> it? That won't help for the 9.0->9.1 stage, but it would for
> 9.1->9.2...

Not really excited about that.  The contrib regression tests already
exercise the extension functionality, so making pg_regress.so into
another one would just reduce the number of code paths being covered.

In any case, if we don't find a way to allow automated testing of
pg_upgrade from the pre-9.1 versions, we have not fixed the problem.