Re: Commit fest?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Commit fest?
Дата
Re: Commit fest?  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Gregory Stark wrote:
>> "Bruce Momjian" <bruce@momjian.us> writes:
>>> The comments  are stored at JS-Kit:
>>> http://js-kit.com/comments/
>>
>> It's stored in their server?

> Yes, that was the beauty of it --- I just add javascript with a tag and
> all comments are handled by them.

"Beauty"?  I don't think we want to rely on non-project-controlled
servers for anything that's part of our core infrastructure.  If/when
js-kit.com goes belly-up, what happens to that data?  Also, what kind of
privacy guarantees have we got?  (Admittedly, privacy may be moot for
information that was originally entered on a public web page, but the
whole idea of someone else controlling our data just makes me itch.)

I can go along with this as a jury-rig setup for our first commit fest,
but it just seems like another powerful argument for moving to something
wiki-based as soon as we can get that sorted.