Re: [patch] helps fe-connect.c handle -EINTR more gracefully

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [patch] helps fe-connect.c handle -EINTR more gracefully
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Ford <david@blue-labs.org> writes:
>  I traced several calls and they run through a few functions which end
> up in pqFlush.  These code paths haven't checked the socket to see if it
> is ready for RW operation yet.  pqFlush calls send() [ignoring SSL].

Where?  AFAICS (ignoring the USE_SSL breakage), connectDBStart will
return immediately after calling connect(), and the next thing
that's done is pqWait from connectDBComplete.  If there's a path that
does what you claim, that's a bug ... but I don't see it.