Re: crash: SET DateStyle TO DEFAULT

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: crash: SET DateStyle TO DEFAULT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz> writes:
>  In the current CVS:
> test=# SET DateStyle TO DEFAULT;
> pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.

Confirmed here.  It looks like SetPGVariable() has failed to account
for the possibility that its "value" argument will be NULL.

This bug has evidently been in there for a while, which indicates
that we don't have any regression tests that exercise SET var TO
DEFAULT.  Probably time to add one --- I see from the CVS log that
I was burnt on this same point back in February, and now Peter has
re-introduced the problem.