Re: Order of pg_stat_activity timestamp columns

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Order of pg_stat_activity timestamp columns
Дата
Re: Order of pg_stat_activity timestamp columns  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Re: Order of pg_stat_activity timestamp columns  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> The current column ordering can be rationalized to some extent as
>>
>> 1. identity info (user id, db id, application name)
>> 2. current query info
>> 3. session info (backend start time, client addr/port)
> OK.  I guess that trumps my idea, although it would sure be nice if
> it were possible to swap 2 and 3 so that we could put the query text
> at the end.

Well, the current ordering is definitely historical rather than
designed, but I'm hesitant to do more than minor tweaking.  Even if we
think/hope it won't break applications, people are probably used to
seeing a particular ordering.

I'm not necessarily dead set against it though.  I guess if we were
to do what you suggest, we'd end up with

identity:datid            | oid                      | datname          | name                     | procpid          |
integer                 | usesysid         | oid                      | usename          | name                     |
application_name| text                     |

session:client_addr      | inet                     | client_port      | integer                  | backend_start    |
timestampwith time zone |

transaction:xact_start       | timestamp with time zone |
query:query_start      | timestamp with time zone | waiting          | boolean                  | current_query    |
text                    |

or possibly that plus relocate procpid somewhere else.  Anyone think
this is sufficiently better to justify possible confusion?

Сообщение: Re: Order of pg_stat_activity timestamp columns
Сообщение: Re: Order of pg_stat_activity timestamp columns