Re: When is int32 not an int32?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: When is int32 not an int32?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david@justatheory.com> writes:
> It claims that a test unexpected passes. That is, Test #31 is expected to fail, because it intentionally tests a
versionin which its parts overflow the int32[3] they’re stored in, with the expectation that one day we can refactor
thetype to handle larger version parts.

> I can’t imagine there would be any circumstance under which int32 would somehow be larger than a signed 32-bit
integer,but perhaps there is?

I'd bet more along the lines of "your overflow check is less portable than
you thought".

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Add create and update timestamp to all objects
От: David Fetter
Сообщение: Re: When is int32 not an int32?