Re: Add spin_delay() implementation for Arm in s_lock.h

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Add spin_delay() implementation for Arm in s_lock.h
Дата
Re: Add spin_delay() implementation for Arm in s_lock.h  ("Blake, Geoff" <blakgeof@amazon.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
"Blake, Geoff" <blakgeof@amazon.com> writes:
> Have a tiny patch to add an implementation of spin_delay() for Arm64 processors to match behavior with x86's PAUSE
instruction. See negligible benefit on the pgbench tpcb-like workload so at worst it appears to do no harm but should
helpsome workloads that experience some lock contention that need to spin.

Given the very wide variety of ARM implementations out there,
I'm not sure that we want to take a patch like this on the basis of
exactly zero evidence.  It could as easily be a net loss as a win.
What did you test exactly?

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Dubious usage of TYPCATEGORY_STRING
От: Rob Gansevles
Сообщение: Building postgresql from sources, statically linked, linux