Re: view on system tables upgrade?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: view on system tables upgrade?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Christoph Haller <ch@rodos.fzk.de> writes:
> All columns of type timestamp have disappeared.
> Can somebody please give me a hint what happened.

There's a bug in the 7.2.* pg_type table, which I found just a
couple days ago: _timestamp has the wrong typelem.  Since your join
assumes every datatype has an array type, it fails to find a join
for timestamp columns.  (Should probably use an outer join there,
rather than assuming that.)

If you need timestamp arrays I'd suggest

UPDATE pg_type SET typelem = 1114 WHERE oid = 1115;

Unfortunately we cannot fix this in the 7.2.* series since we have no
way to fix it in the distribution short of initdb.  It'll be fixed
in the 7.3 release though.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: