Re: Support unicode in libpq

От Tino Wildenhain
Тема Re: Support unicode in libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Carmen,

--On Dienstag, 3. Dezember 2002 15:06 +0000 Carmen Wai
<wai_carmen@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I would like to know how libpq library support with the unicode query? As
> I find that it accepts char string only e.g. PGresult *PQexec(PGconn
> *conn, const char *query)
>
> How can I handle if the query contain the unicode which is of wchar type?

From my experience with psycopg (the python binding)
you get always 8-bit chars. They are encoded depending
on your actual client encoding:

select pg_client_encoding();

I decide on that encoding wether its unicode or not
and if its unicode decode it from utf-8 to unicode.
I think the same could be done in your case.

Regards
Tino