Re: Avoiding adjacent checkpoint records

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Avoiding adjacent checkpoint records
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> So now the standard for my patches is that I must consider what will
> happen if the xlog is deleted?

When you're messing around with something that affects data integrity, yes.
The long and the short of it is that this patch does reduce our ability
to recover from easily-foreseeable disasters.  The problem it was meant
to solve is not dire enough to justify that, and other fixes are
possible that don't require any compromises in this dimension.
So please revert.  We can revisit the original complaint in 9.3.

Сообщение: Re: log_newpage header comment
Сообщение: Re: log_newpage header comment