Re: Problems with TCP/IP setup

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problems with TCP/IP setup
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Luiz Siqueira <cybersamurai_br@yahoo.com.br> writes:
> I make the installation of  Postgresql 8.0.3 on my Mac
> OS X 2.8 without problems, make the test and the
> database work fine. Now I need enable JDBC connection.
> I followed the instructions in
> (http://developer.apple.com/internet/opensource/postgres.html)
> but right now I'm in a trouble.

> When I put in �postgresql.conf� the parameter
> �tcpip_socket = true� I have the database error:

> FATAL:  unrecognized configuration parameter
> "tcpip_socket"

Apparently you are reading documentation that applies to Postgres 7.*.
8.0 doesn't have that parameter any more.  You probably don't need to
change anything in the 8.0 config file, but if you do, listen_addresses
is the thing to change (set it to '*' if you want to connect to the
database from other machines).