Re: Advisory locks seem rather broken

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Advisory locks seem rather broken
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I'm inclined to think that a saner implementation would involve
>> splitting the userlock lockmethod into two, one transactional and one
>> not.

> hm, would that be exposed through the pg_locks view?  some users might
> be running queries like "select * from pg_locks where
> locktype='advisory' and ..."

I don't think we can or should change what pg_locks reports.  So they'd
have to look like just one lockmethod at that level.

I'm not actually sure that a split is a practical idea anyway, given
that assorted places use a LockMethod as an identifier for a class of
locks; unless all of those happen to want to distinguish transactional
and session-level userlocks, it'd be problematic.  I plan to look also
at the idea of removing the "transactional" field and seeing what that
breaks...