Re: Why does query planner choose slower BitmapAnd ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why does query planner choose slower BitmapAnd ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Seamus Abshere <seamus@abshere.net> writes:
> Inspired, I changed cpu_index_tuple_cost to 0.1 (default: 0.005). It
> "fixed" my problem by preventing the BitmapAnd.

> Is this dangerous?

Use a gentle tap, man, don't swing the hammer with quite so much abandon.
I'd have tried doubling the setting to start with.  Raising it 20X might
cause other queries to change behavior undesirably.

Сообщение: Re: Why does query planner choose slower BitmapAnd ?
Сообщение: Re: Why does query planner choose slower BitmapAnd ?