Re: [HACKERS] pg_recvlogical.c doesn't build with --disable-integer-datetimes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_recvlogical.c doesn't build with --disable-integer-datetimes
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] pg_recvlogical.c doesn't build with --disable-integer-datetimes  (Mark Dilger <hornschnorter@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Yeah.  I have longfin which is running Apple's clang, and is on a machine
> that doesn't have much to do otherwise.  I propose to turn on -Werror in
> its configuration, and to configure a second critter on the same hardware
> that runs with -Werror as well as --disable-integer-datetimes.  Somebody
> else should do similarly with a reasonably modern/stable gcc release.

So I tried doing that by adding -Werror to longfin's CFLAGS environment,
and it crashed and burned in configure.  The most obvious problem is
that we didn't bother to supply a prototype for does_int64_work() in
the probes for 64-bit ints.  However, even after fixing that, configure
produces totally bollixed output because -Werror breaks many of its
built-in tests.  We could fix the int64 tests but we have no good way of
fixing the built-in tests.

AFAICS, if you want to build with -Werror, you have to configure without
that and then inject it afterwards.  I wonder how people who use -Werror
are handling that.  Is it possible to do at all in a buildfarm critter?