Re: Recording test runtimes with the buildfarm

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Recording test runtimes with the buildfarm
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I've been doing that in a little database that pulls down the results
> and analyses them with primitive regexes.  First I wanted to know the
> pass/fail history for each individual regression, isolation and TAP
> script, then I wanted to build something that could identify tests
> that are 'flapping', and work out when the started and stopped
> flapping etc.  I soon realised it was all too noisy, but then I
> figured that I could fix that by detecting crashes.  So I classify
> every top level build farm run as SUCCESS, FAILURE or CRASH.  If the
> top level run was CRASH, than I can disregard the individual per
> script results, because they're all BS.

If you can pin the crash on a particular test script, it'd be useful
to track that as a kind of failure.  In general, though, both crashes
and non-crash failures tend to cause collateral damage to later test
scripts --- if you can't filter that out then the later scripts will
have high false-positive rates.