Re: Large writable variables

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Large writable variables
Дата
Re: Large writable variables
Список pgsql-hackers
> Attached is a patch that shrinks fmgr_builtins by 25%. That seems
> worthwhile, it's pretty frequently accessed, making it more dense is
> helpful.  Unless somebody protests soon, I'm going to apply that...

Hah.  I'm pretty sure that struct *was* set up with an eye to padding ...
on 32-bit machines.  This does make it shorter on 64-bit, but also
makes the size not a power of 2, which might add a few cycles to
array indexing calculations.  Might be worth checking whether that's
going to be an issue anywhere.

What's the point of the extra const decoration on funcName?  ISTM
the whole struct should be const, or not.