Re: pg_dump throwing "column number -1 is out of range 0..36" on HEAD

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump throwing "column number -1 is out of range 0..36" on HEAD
Дата
Re: pg_dump throwing "column number -1 is out of range 0..36" on HEAD  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Trying to do pg_dump[all] on a 9.5 or older server results in spurious
> failures:
> pg_dump: column number -1 is out of range 0..36

> After looking around, the problem comes from
> check_tuple_field_number(), more specifically from getTables() where
> someone has forgotten to add NULL values for amname when querying
> older server versions.

> Attached is a patch to fix that.  I am not seeing other failures with
> an instance that includes all the contents of installcheck, so it
> seems that the rest is fine.

Looks like the right fix.  I'm sad that the buildfarm did not catch
this ... why wouldn't the cross-version-upgrade tests have seen it?