Re: Order of enforcement of CHECK constraints?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Order of enforcement of CHECK constraints?
Дата
Re: Order of enforcement of CHECK constraints?  (Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabriziomello@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabriziomello@gmail.com> writes:
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 4:19 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 12:15 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> We could fix it by, say, having CheckConstraintFetch() sort the
>>> constraints by name after loading them.

>> What not by OID, as with indexes? Are you suggesting that this would
>> become documented behavior?

> I think they should be executed in alphabetical order like triggers.

Yeah.  We already have a comparable, and documented, behavior for
triggers, so if we're going to do anything about this I'd vote for
sorting by name (or more specifically, by strcmp()).