Re: ECPG CVS version problems

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ECPG CVS version problems
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
> I wonder is we should check for *dev on the version string and make
> missing bison version a hard error in these cases.

No, because that breaks snapshot tarballs.

You could possibly make some argument for going out and actually
checking the existence and timestamp of each bison-derived file that
should be there, and erroring out only if it looks like bison is really
gonna get invoked during the build.  But that seems like an
unmaintainable kluge to me.

It's not like the bison-related build failures aren't pretty obvious.
I think the configure-time test is doing its job by producing a
warning.  If people don't notice it, well, they'll find out later.
We do assume some level of technical competence for those who build
from CVS pulls ...

Сообщение: Re: ECPG CVS version problems
Сообщение: Re: ECPG CVS version problems