Re: Thoughts on "SELECT * EXCLUDING (...) FROM ..."?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Thoughts on "SELECT * EXCLUDING (...) FROM ..."?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Eric Ridge <eebbrr@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 3:38 PM, Mark Mielke <mark@mark.mielke.cc> wrote:
>> 2) Not deterministic (i.e. a database change might cause my code to break),

> Okay, I'm inventing a use-case here, but say you have a "users" table
> with various bits of metadata about the user, including password.
> Maybe, regardless of database changes, you never want the password
> column returned:  SELECT * EXCLUDING (password) FROM tbl_users;

Well, here you're not only inventing a use-case, but you're making a lot
of contrary-to-fact-and-to-SQL-spec assumptions about when the * notation
gets expanded.  This thing wouldn't be useful that way in views.

Сообщение: Re: Thoughts on "SELECT * EXCLUDING (...) FROM ..."?
Сообщение: Re: Thoughts on "SELECT * EXCLUDING (...) FROM ..."?