Re: Bug #865: PostgreSQL 7.3 and 7.3.1 fails to compile pg_dump

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bug #865: PostgreSQL 7.3 and 7.3.1 fails to compile pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Dan Wright <wright@smx.pair.com> writes:
> On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Tom Lane wrote:
>> It surprises me that this would happen when 7.2 worked okay --- I don't
>> think we changed that configure test since 7.2.  Are you sure nothing
>> changed on your machine since you last built 7.2?

> Yes, I'm sure.  This is what happens when I run configure with the 7.2.3 source:
> [snip]

Okay, I was wrong.  Looking at the sources, it's clear that 7.3 checks
getopt_long in libgnugetopt and libgetopt, whereas 7.2 only looks for it
in mainstream libraries.  So it seems that your machine has libgnugetopt.so
or libgnugetopt.a, but not the corresponding header file (getopt.h).
Perhaps you need to install gnugetopt_devel to go with the gnugetopt RPM?