Re: Re: database system identifier differs between the primary and standby

От Deka, Rajib IN MAA SL
Тема Re: Re: database system identifier differs between the primary and standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks Robert.

Rajib Deka
SIEMENS Ltd.
Robert V Chandran Tower, First Floor, West Wing,
#149, Velechery Tambaram Main Road, Pallikaranai, Chennai-100, INDIA.
www.siemens.com

Mob: +91-9176780669 | E-Mail: rajib.deka@siemens.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Haas [mailto:robertmhaas@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2011 8:39 PM
To: Simon Riggs
Cc: Deka, Rajib IN MAA SL; pgsql-hackers
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: database system identifier differs between the primary and standby

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 6:38 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 10:31 AM, rajibdk <rajib.deka@siemens.com> wrote:
>> What does that database system identifier means? Is it related to DB
>> transactions' or unique to a version?
>
> Regrettably, it means you didn't follow the documented procedure.
>
> It isn't possible to do it any other way, so those questions are a distraction.

I think they are perfectly good questions.  If someone is trying to
understand how our product works, we should encourage that.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Important notice: This e-mail and any attachment there to contains corporate proprietary information. If you have
receivedit by mistake, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and delete this e-mail and its attachments from
yoursystem.
Thank You.

Сообщение: Re: pgbench \for or similar loop
Сообщение: Re: pgbench \for or similar loop