Re: [GENERAL] Creation of tsearch2 index is very slow

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Creation of tsearch2 index is very slow
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Something I'm missing is the calls to tsearch functions. I'm not 100%
> familiar with gprof, but is it possible those costs have been added
> somewhere else because it's in a shared library? Perhaps the costs went
> into FunctionCall1/3?

I think that the tsearch functions must be the stuff charged as
"data_start" (which is not actually any symbol in our source code).
That is showing as being called by FunctionCallN which is what you'd
expect.

If the totals given by gprof are correct, then it's down in the noise.
I don't think I trust that too much ... but I don't see anything in the
gprof manual about how to include a dynamically loaded library in the
profile.  (I did compile tsearch2 with -pg, but that's evidently not
enough.)

I'll see if I can link tsearch2 statically to resolve this question.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Creation of tsearch2 index is very slow
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Creation of tsearch2 index is very slow