Re: [HACKERS] Adding type info etc for inheritance errmsg: "child table is missing column ..."

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Adding type info etc for inheritance errmsg: "child table is missing column ..."
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ryan Murphy <ryanfmurphy@gmail.com> writes:
> The attached patch is my initial attempt at adding the type, making the
> error message read e.g.:
> ERROR: child table is missing column "name" text

"... column "name" of type text", perhaps?  Does not read very nicely
as is.

> I'm sure it needs work (in particular I borrowed a lot of the get-type-name
> logic from getTypeOutputInfo() so probably needs a factor),

The approved way to do this is with format_type_be(), or
format_type_with_typemod() if you want to include typmod info, which
I think you probably do for the intended use-case.