Re: custom variables and PGC_SUSET issue

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: custom variables and PGC_SUSET issue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> You can't set a custom SUSET variable in advance of loading the module,
>> because the system has no way to know it should enforce superuser
>> restrictions on setting it. For the most part, this is a good reason to
>> avoid custom SUSET variables.

> Apparently we haven't taken that advice ourselves?

The ones in auto_explain and pg_stat_statements aren't too problematic
because those modules are designed to be preloaded by the postmaster.
We've avoided adding such variables in modules that aren't intended
to be used that way.

Сообщение: Re: custom variables and PGC_SUSET issue
Сообщение: Re: custom variables and PGC_SUSET issue