Re: unsupportable composite type partition keys

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: unsupportable composite type partition keys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
BTW, I forgot to mention: while I think the patch to forbid pseudotypes
by using CheckAttributeType() can be back-patched, I'm leaning towards
not back-patching the other patch.  The situation where we get into
infinite recursion seems not very likely in practice, and it's not
going to cause any crash or data loss, so I think we can just say
"sorry that's not supported before v13".  The patch as I'm proposing
it seems rather invasive for a back-branch fix.  Also, changing
RelationGetPartitionKey/Desc from macros to functions is at least a
weak ABI break.  If there are extensions calling either, they might
still work without a recompile --- but if they have code paths that
are the first thing to touch either field since a relcache flush,
they'd crash.