Re: truncating or full vacuuming

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: truncating or full vacuuming
Дата
Список pgsql-general
=?UTF-8?Q?Viktor_Bojovi=C4=87?= <viktor.bojovic@gmail.com> writes:
> while creating an index on billion records table i have canceled creation
> because index took me ~70GB of space.
> When I looked into disk space i saw that space is still occupied , and the
> index doesn't exist.

hmm ... was your version of "cancel" spelled "kill -9" or something like
that?  If so it's unsurprising that temp files would have been left
behind.  Look in the pgsql_tmp subdirectory.  It's also possible that
the partially-filled index files are still there but aren't linked to
by any live pg_class row.  Check for files that don't match any entry in
the pg_class.relfilenode column.  In both cases you'd have to remove any
such files by hand --- VACUUM is not going to fix this for you.