Re: ALTER TABLE TODO items

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE TODO items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Out of interest what happens to other column features such as the
> existing statistics level and the existing storage spec?  I guess these
> might have to change when type changes??

I left the statistic setting as-is (do you think that's wrong?) but the
storage spec gets reset to whatever the default for the new type is.
We could talk about doing something more complicated, such as "keep the
old setting if both old and new types support toasting, else reset to
new default".  Not sure if that'd be better or not.