Re: backend closed the channel unexpectedly?!?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: backend closed the channel unexpectedly?!?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Martti Hertzen <hertzma@sqc.fi> writes:
> I have a table with a field called 'id'
> (primary key) that is referenced from other tables. Today I tried to
> delete one of the rows in this table with the following command (worked
> fine a few weeks ago) and there's the output.

> testsqc=> DELETE FROM henkilo WHERE id = 12;
> pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.

Did you rename this table, or another one associated with it via a
foreign key reference?  If so, undo the rename.  The foreign-key stuff
doesn't track table renames, and doesn't error out gracefully either :-(
(the latter bug is fixed for 7.0.3, at least)