Re: pg_hba_lookup function to get all matching pg_hba.conf entries

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_hba_lookup function to get all matching pg_hba.conf entries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Shulgin, Oleksandr" <oleksandr.shulgin@zalando.de> writes:
> 1. Have you considered re-loading the HBA file upon call to this function
> in a local context instead of keeping it in the backends memory?

Aside from the security questions, please consider that this feature should
work similarly to the current implementation of the pg_file_settings view,
namely it tells you about what is *currently* in the on-disk files, not
necessarily what is the active setting in the postmaster's memory.
A backend could not be entirely sure about the postmaster's state anyway;
and even if it could be, one of the major applications for features like
this is testing manual changes to the files before you SIGHUP the
postmaster.  So re-reading the files on each usage is a Good Thing, IMO,
even if it sounds inefficient.

> 2. I also wonder why JSONB arrays for database/user instead of TEXT[]?

Yes, that seems rather random to me too.