Re: -HEAD on FreeBSD 6-CURRENT build failures

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: -HEAD on FreeBSD 6-CURRENT build failures
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The way buildfarm works is that it should always run on a clean set of
> CVS files - i.e. there should no gram.c. We don't even bot6her with
> clean, distclean, maintainer-clean and friends - we simply copy the
> source directory tree for each run. The fact that Darcy's builds don't
> show a call to bison indicates to me that his source dir (
> /buildfarm/pg-buildfarm/HEAD/pgsql ) might not be clean for some reason
> that is not clear to me.

Hmm, source directory used for a build and then not maintainer-clean'd
perhaps?

If you do the copy without -p then the copy would tend to lose the
timestamps that would show that the gram.c file is out of date.
I suppose "cp -p" would be a bad idea because of permissions issues,
but you could consider replacing the cp with "tar cf - | tar xf -"
to preserve timestamps better.