Re: Things I learned about PG8 on AIX5.3 with XLC compiler

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Things I learned about PG8 on AIX5.3 with XLC compiler
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> Mohan, Ross wrote:
>> 2) Not clear (to me, a nonprogrammer) whether this is GNU C, ANSI C,
>> "Postgres" C, or what the overall coding protocol is.

> Postgres is mostly ANSI C89, with limited use of GNU C extensions (which
> should be limited to inside #ifdef __GNUC__ blocks, AFAIK).

s/mostly/entirely/ and s/should be/are/, please.  If you can identify
specific violations of those coding rules, we are all ears.

BTW, we really really need some more non-gcc compilers in the
buildfarm.  I realized this afternoon that CVS tip is breaking the
perennial bugaboo that gcc does not complain about

    static int foo(...);

    int foo(...)
    {
    }

that is omitting "static" from the actual routine definition --- which
plenty of other compilers do complain about; so why don't we have a few
buildfarm members that will yap loud and long about this?

Сообщение: Re: To SPAM or not to SPAM...
Сообщение: Re: To SPAM or not to SPAM...