Re: Modern packaging for postgis

От Sebastiaan Couwenberg
Тема Re: Modern packaging for postgis
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
On 10/10/2016 10:13 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> On 10/10/2016 09:36 AM, Markus Wanner wrote:
>> On 10/09/2016 12:02 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>>> I've prepared a branch with changes to modernize the postgis packaging:
>>>
>>>  https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-grass/postgis.git/log/?h=modern-packaging
>> [...]
>>> The rules file is switched to use the dh sequencer to not need explicit
>>> calls to the various dh_* utilities. This added dh_perl amongst others
>>> for which the substitution variable was added to the -scripts package.
>>
>> I'm worried about backwards-compatibility, here.
>>
>> At least the current build already failed building the source package
>> for wheezy, trusty and precise:
>>
>> dpkg-source: error: syntax error in source/debian/control at line 27:
>> continued value line not in field
>> dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -i -I --before-build source gave
>> error exit status 25
>
> This is indeed something that needs to be fixed, as postgis-binaries
> built successfully on these distributions before.

The generate-pgdg-source script in pgapt doesn't handle the restructured
control file yet, it creates an invalid control file when it strips the
libsfcgal-dev dependency for the old distributions that don't have sfcgal.

The attached patch fixes generate-pgdg-source to handle the restructured
control file correctly.

Christoph, can you apply the patch in pgapt.git?

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Modern packaging for postgis
Сообщение: Re: Modern packaging for postgis