Re: Thoughts on the location of configuration files

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Thoughts on the location of configuration files
Дата
Re: Thoughts on the location of configuration files  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
> As to the security points that Tom brings up, you don't put anything in /etc
> directly -- you put it under /etc/pgsql, and lock it down the same as$PGDATA.

That'd work if we assume that /etc/pgsql can be owned by the postgres
user.  Is that kosher per the various filesystem layout standards?
Seems to me that someone who thinks the executables should be root-owned
is likely to think the same of the config files.

Personally I think this would be a fine idea, I'm just worried that
we'll find packagers overriding the decision because "the Debian
standards don't allow you to do that" or whatever.