Re: schema question

От Sean Davis
Тема Re: schema question
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

On Dec 11, 2007 10:57 AM, Isaac Vetter <ivetter@math.purdue.edu> wrote:
Hi All;

I'm much more of a web developer than dba, that's why I'm asking this of
the novice list.

I've got a database in postgresql 7.4 with 111 tables.

I recently created the 111th table and I cannot create foreign key
constraints.

Postgresql acts like the new table is in a different schema that the
referenced table. Additionally, if I go back to a previously created
table and try to rename a foreign key column (by dropping and adding) I
cannot recreate the foreign key. The error that I get is that the
referenced schema does not exist:

ERROR:  schema "table2" does not exist

If I specify the schema name on both tablenames, when adding the constraint:

alter table public.table1 add foreign key(table2_id) references
public.table2.id;

This should be:

public.table2(id)

Does that fix the problem?