Re: [HACKERS] Error while creating subscription when server isrunning in single user mode

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Error while creating subscription when server isrunning in single user mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6/2/17 15:41, Tom Lane wrote:
> It's certainly plausible that we could have the latch code just ignore
> WL_POSTMASTER_DEATH if not IsUnderPostmaster.  I think that the original
> reasoning for not doing that was that the calling code should know which
> environment it's in, and not pass an unimplementable wait-exit reason;
> so silently ignoring the bit could mask a bug.  Perhaps that argument is
> no longer attractive.  Alternatively, we could fix the relevant call sites
> to do "(IsUnderPostmaster ? WL_POSTMASTER_DEATH : 0)", and keep the strict
> behavior for the majority of call sites.

There are a lot of those call sites.  (And a lot of duplicate code for
what to do if postmaster death actually happens.)  I doubt we want to
check them all.

The attached patch fixes the reported issue for me.