Re: Out of free buffers... HELP!

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Out of free buffers... HELP!
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain) writes:
> Thus spake Diehl, Jeffrey
>> psql ids -c 'select src,dst,count(*) from brick* where src_port=135
>> group by src,dst' > /tmp/135.dat

> Hard to tell without knowing more but perhaps you need another table
> instead of/in addition to this one that just tracks the counts.  You
> can use a trigger to increment it.  If you only allow inserts this
> should be easy.  Deletes are easy too.  Updates are a little trickier.

The thing is, you shouldn't ever get "out of free buffers", period.
Jeffrey must be running into some kind of buffer-leak bug ... but it's
hard to think what, unless he's running an extremely old PG version.
We haven't seen reports of buffer leaks in a long time.  So I'd like
to run that down, quite independently of whether he should change his
query for efficiency.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: