Re: Re: AW: Re: OID wraparound: summary and proposal

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: AW: Re: OID wraparound: summary and proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Neil Padgett <npadgett@redhat.com> writes:
> mlw wrote:
>> The way I see it there are 4 options for the OID:
> [snip]
>> (2) Allow the ability to have tables without OIDs. This is a source of
>> debate.

> I think Tom Lane has already committed some patches to allow for this.
> So, I think you should be able to try this from the latest CVS. (Tom?)

Yes, it's done and in CVS.  I think this is orthogonal to the other
proposals: whatever we want to do with OID, it's a useful feature to
be able to suppress them for tables that you're sure don't need one.

I thought the discussion had more or less concluded that separate-OID-
generator-per-table was the next step to take.  That won't get done in
time for 7.2, though.

Сообщение: Re: Rename config.h to pg_config.h?
Сообщение: Re: Rename config.h to pg_config.h?