Re: BUG #15096: Unable to CREATE TABLE LIKE with bigint identity column

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #15096: Unable to CREATE TABLE LIKE with bigint identity column
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On Mon, Mar 05, 2018 at 12:44:32AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Going forward, maybe we should change the T_Integer case to either int64
>> or int32, so that it's not got a platform-dependent range.

> Serial columns using bigint as type would need int64 anyway, no?  Why
> int32?

int32 might be less work to make fully portable.  I don't recall exactly
what-all we do with T_Integer, but if we try to do sscanf() to produce the
value for instance, that's a problem.  (Note that configure's tests for
64-bit support only cover sprintf, not sscanf.)

Certainly int64 would be a more forward-looking choice, it just seems
like possibly more work.