Re: SIGTERM -> elog(FATAL) -> proc_exit() is probably a bad idea

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SIGTERM -> elog(FATAL) -> proc_exit() is probably a bad idea
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
>> Why?  What difference do you see in the nature of the critical sections?
>> They all look the same to me: hold off cancel/die response.

> I've thought that the main purpose of CRIT_SECTION is to
> force redo recovery for any errors during the CRIT_SECTION
> to complete the critical operation e.g. bt_split().

How could it force redo?  Rollback, maybe, but that should happen
anyway.

> Note that elog(ERROR/FATAL) is changed to elog(STOP) if Critical
> SectionCount > 0.

Not in current sources ;-).

Perhaps Vadim will say that I broke his error scheme, but if so it's
his own fault for not documenting such delicate code at all.  I believe
he's out of town this weekend, so let's wait till he gets back and then
discuss it some more.  Perhaps there is a need to distinguish xlog-
related critical sections from other ones, or perhaps not.