Re: LISTEN/NOTIFY

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: LISTEN/NOTIFY
Дата
Список pgsql-general
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Crist=F3v=E3o_Dalla_Costa?= <cbraga@bsi.com.br> writes:
> I'm developing an e-commerce site using Apache/mod_perl and, for
> performance, I intend to cache rows such as user and product information
> inside Perl. I think the LISTEN/NOTIFY interface would be perfect for
> invalidating the cache when a product/user gets updated, yet I have not
> found a way to access it from Perl -- DBI, or DBD::Pg even, offer no way
> to "listen".

I don't know what the DBI/DBD design philosophy is regarding
database-specific extensions --- but it would seem reasonable to me
for DBD::Pg to offer some way to get at LISTEN functionality.  Can
anyone suggest how to do this in the context of DBI?

I suggest moving any followups to pgsql-interfaces, where this
discussion would be more on-topic.