Re: Crash in BRIN minmax-multi indexes

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Crash in BRIN minmax-multi indexes
Дата
Re: Crash in BRIN minmax-multi indexes
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I think I found the issue - it's kinda obvious, really. We need to
consider the timezone, because the "time" parts alone may be sorted
differently. The attached patch should fix this, and it also fixes a
similar issue in the inet data type.

As for why the regression tests did not catch this, it's most likely
because the data is likely generated in "nice" ordering, or something
like that. I'll see if I can tweak the ordering to trigger these issues
reliably, and I'll do a bit more randomized testing.

There's also the question of rounding errors, which I think might cause
random assert failures (but in practice it's harmless, in the worst case
we'll merge the ranges a bit differently).

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company