Re: operator suggest " interval / interval = numeric"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: operator suggest " interval / interval = numeric"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Brendan Jurd" <direvus@gmail.com> writes:
> On Jan 10, 2008 2:17 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> You'd have to define exactly what that means, which seems a little
>> tricky for incommensurate intervals.  For instance what is the
>> result of '1 month' / '1 day' ?

> Postgres has already made such definitions, to allow direct
> interval-interval comparison.

Sure.  I was just twitting the OP for having not considered these
issues.

Given that you can get at that behavior by dividing extract(epoch)
results, I tend to think we should leave well enough alone.  If someone
did come up with a brilliant definition of what interval division should
do, it would be pretty annoying to have already locked ourselves into a
not-so-brilliant definition ...

Сообщение: Re: operator suggest " interval / interval = numeric"
Сообщение: Re: operator suggest " interval / interval = numeric"