Re: Fix oversight in pts_error_callback()

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Fix oversight in pts_error_callback()
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
"Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq@cs.toronto.edu> writes:
> "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes
>> Please exhibit a case in which you feel this is needed.

> Suppose I want to print a debug info in parseTypeString() like this:
>     + elog(DEBUG1, "parse type %s", buf.data);
>      raw_parsetree_list = raw_parser(buf.data);

That's a contrived example (and if I believed it, I would think that the
right answer is to emit no errcontext if the elevel is less than ERROR).
Give me an actual use case in which the patch gives a better rather than
worse error report.  I think for most people it would just obfuscate the
message.