Re: adding new pages bulky way

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: adding new pages bulky way
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq@cs.toronto.edu> writes:
> Is there any performance benefits if we have a mdextend_several_pages()
> function in md.c?

I very seriously doubt that there would be *any* win, and I doubt even
more that it could possibly be worth the klugery you'd have to do to
make it happen.  Bear in mind that index access methods are two API
layers away from md.c --- how will you translate this into something
that makes sense in the context of bufmgr's API?

Сообщение: Re: adding new pages bulky way
Сообщение: Re: adding new pages bulky way